For Christmas, my son and daughter-in-love, gave us gift certificates to dinner and a movie. Date night stuff and tonight was the night. Huge full moon, holding hands, first date smiles with all the door opening and flirting. After almost eight years, it was as much fun as the first time, but better because we now know what makes each other giggle. Mike even ordered a guacamole salad for me at the restaurant. Avocados make him itch, but he knows I love them and just ordered it for me like I had forgotten to or something. It was the sweetest. I even got a kiss at the front door with a promise he would call again.
How did life get this good? I have always loved romantic comedies, and now I am in one. Makes me smile just to think of it. On the way there, Mike was talking like Kickingbird in Dances With Wolves. "Tatonka, that is Lakota for Goes To A Movie. That is how the people would say ..........." Mike has this wacky sense of humor that almost no one but me gets to see. Of course, I think he is hilarious and he loves to make me laugh as much as I love laughing. Laughing ...... now there is a vow that everyone should take in a committed relationship.
"I Rita, promise you Mike, that I will snort Dr. Pepper out of my nose laughing when we begin to take things too seriously .............. as long as we both shall live."
I dreamed of this life for a long, long time. Thoughts really do become actual physical experiences, whether we understand that or not. Happy or sad. Not the fleeting, random thoughts, but the ones we allow to wash over us again and again.
So much we just do not get about being creators. Not in a New Agey 7 Steps to Abundance if you meditate all day and eat only wheat grass kinda way, but just the simple physics of it. Something that one day we will all say, "Wow! Can you believe that people used to live life randomly with no input from their own thoughts and energy?", or something like that. I'm sure when we "get it", it will be so simple we will laugh, slap our foreheads and scream OF COURSE!
Anyway, as my Sweetie would say, "Ah, just another sucky day in Paradise." He so loves sarcasm.
And all of this happened with no cigarettes .................. SHUT UP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

be careful what you wish for =0) 143
ReplyDelete